Our two favorite foods to whip up lately include smoothies (using our Vitamix) and greens - although we have yet to try greens in our smoothies :(
What are your favorite smoothie flavors/blends?
1. Banana 'Egg' Nog - with frozen bananas, So Delicious Vanilla Coconut Yogurt, nutmeg, and a little soy milk or almond milk!
2. Pumpkin Banana - lots of pure pumpkin puree with frozen bananas, soy milk, and pumpkin pie spice!
3. Berry - Any mixture of frozen berries (we have blackberries, blueberries, bosenberries, and marionberries) with frozen bananas, mixed berry or raspberry soy yogurt, and cranberry juice.
4. Blueberry (Although we have not had it in a while b/c of the season) - blueberries with frozen bananas, soy milk or juice, and blueberry soy yogurt.
Note: every smoothie pretty much has bananas (and most often are frozen)
For your information, here's an article on the basic way to make a nutritious fruit smoothie.
We definetely want to have a banana greens smoothie, but we are frugal people and already spend too much on groceries, so we only get enough fresh green veggies for dinners. The greens we've cooked up this month have been so fresh and delicious and healthy!
What's your favorite green leafy vegetables?
1. Kale - not too bitter, not too hearty nor wilty. Delicious!!
2. Spinach - goes well in any dish!
3. Swiss Chard
4. Mustard Greens
5. Beet Greens
Here are some ways we use our greens:
Veggie Tofu Rice Bowls - mix up veggies with tofu, rice and garlic, basil, Braggs, and nutritional yeast!
Hummus Sandwich - spinach hummus with tomato and fresh kale on homemade oatmeal bread!
Sauteed Greens with Garlic - then have as a side dish, or mix with tofu scramble, or put in wrap with creamy beans and basil vinaigrette.
Here's an article you might enjoy on the healthy benefits of green leafy veggies.
Have a great weekend, LK
My DIY Spice Blend
2 years ago